Dave's Aircraft Works Schweitzer 1-26 2-meter
Span: 71", Length: 38 1/2", Area: 554 Sq.In., Flying Weight: 34 to 40 ounces, Airfoil: SD7037
Price: $129 + $15.00 S/H in Cont. U.S.
Hot rod performance in a durable plane!
Dave’s 1-26 is the best “do it all” epp plane available. This may be the most popular EPP 2-meter ever made. Beginners and experienced pilots alike LOVE this airplane.
See how Dave Garwood made a two piece wing and removable tail so that your 1-26 2 meter will be easy to take with you when you travel. You'll find it by clicking on this link:
Read an article (578KB PDF) on how Jim Porter modified his DAW 1-26 for 2-piece, plug-in wings. He also installed a speed hook in the nose for bungee launching!
After the success of the 1-26 HLG, Dave decided he wanted a larger version that could be used for thermal duration or slope flying. The result is the 1-26 2-Meter! It sticks with the popular SD7037 airfoil, and uses a slab balsa tail group to both save weight and offer increased stiffness for hard winch launching. As always, we've made an effort to keep expenditure on radio equipment to a minimum by designing for standard sized servos, receiver and battery in the fuselage, and mid-sized servos in the wings. Standard servos can also be used in the wings, but it is a tight fit and does make for a slight weight penalty.
3 to 4 channel - Rudder/Elevator/Aileron and flaperon mixing with computer radio systems.
Winch, Highstart, Bungee or Slope!
What's included in the SkyKing D.A.W. Foamie 1-26 2Meter kit:
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) foam wing panels with pre-cut spar slots
- Preshaped leading edge
- Machine cut Expanded Polypropylene fuselage
- Pre-cut balsa tail group
- Basswood spars and and 1/4" ply dihedral brace
- Basswood sub-trailing edge
- Balsa trailing edge stock
- 1/4" ply tow hook plate
- Complete hardware package, including all pushrods, horns and tow hook
- Block of scrap EPP foam for construction and repairs
- Comprehensive instruction manual including CAD figures, taping diagrams and instructions for trimming and programming setups
What's needed to finish the 1-26 2Meter:
- Adhesives 5 minute epoxy, polyurethane glue such as ProBond or Gorilla glue or Goop
- Reinforcement tape
- Covering material - UltraCote
- Radio equipment Standard Sized Servos or Hitec HS85 Metal Gear (preferred) Five Channel Receiver and any transmitter but a programmable TX will allow for Spoilerons with mixed in elevator compensation. (not required but it sure is nice)
See pictures of happy 1-26 2-meter owners here! Send in pix of your 1-26 and we'll post them!
|Please note: We use PayPal for online payments. PayPal is one of the most secure online payment methods available. When you click "Add to cart" a new window at PayPal will open. If you are ready to checkout, just click the "Checkout" link in the lower right corner. If you wish to add more to your cart simply close the window and continue shopping.
If you would rather pay by money order or check please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org (this will open your default email program)
|DAW 1-26 2-meter
|DAW 1-26 2-meter with Lost Model Locator