Bob Parks - Phoenix
SKYKING RC PRODUCTS, LLC RE-INTRODUCES THE BOB PARKS DESIGNED, AEROTECH PHOENIX RADIO CONTROLLED ROCKET GLIDER.
Phoenix takeoff! Photo: Alan M. Carroll
We will be discontinuing the
Phoenix Rocket Glider for now.
Update: We are now sold out of the
this kit. Some parts are still
available. Please contact us with
The Phoenix is recognized as the king of all rocket gliders. It’s beautiful lines and highly efficient proprietary airfoil make this a highly sought after kit that has been unavailable for many years.
Now, through the cooperation of the Bob Parks and Aerotech Consumer Aerospace, SkyKing is proud to offer this updated version of this famous kit.
- Wing Span 50”
- Wing Area 335 Square inches
- Launch weight 25 ounces
- Rudder, elevator and aileron controls
- Power: Aerotech RMS-RC 32-60/100 Rocket Motor
- 500 foot launch altitude with an F reload
- 1000 foot launch altitude with a G reload
The kit now includes:
- Highly accurate laser cut balsa and plywood parts.
- Lightweight carbon fiber push rods.
- Redesigned launch module with locking tab construction. Used with either the Aerotech Mantis launch stand or one you can build yourself using 2 x 4 stock. The plans for this stand are included with your Phoenix kit.
- CNC cut white bead foam wing cores.
- A full assortment of name brand hardware from Du-Bro, Sullivan and SIG.
- Revised construction manual on CD ROM.
- Full sized black line plans
The Phoenix is a high performance rocket launched glider intended for radio control pilots with prior aileron aerobatic experience. If you feel comfortable flying a sport aerobatic power plane or a slope soaring aerobatic glider, then the Phoenix is just the ticket for an adrenaline producing flying experience.
Phoenix has a built up plywood and balsa fuselage and foam core wings. It is designed for quick and easy construction by anyone with experience building other RC airplane kits.
Items needed to complete your kit:
- Shrink coverings such as UltraCote or MonoKote.
- Standard modeling tools and adhesives.
- Low viscosity epoxy finishing resin for skinning the wings
- AeroTech RMS-RC 32/60-100 Rocket Motor Reload Tube
- Vacuum bagging system is suggested for applying the wing but you may also apply weights if you do not have vacuum bagging equipment
- 4 micro servos for ailerons, rudder and elevator Hitec HS65 or similar
- Small 6 to 8 channel receiver Hitec, Berg, JR, Spektrum, Airtronics
- 300 700 mAh receiver pack either Nicad or Nickel Metal Hydride
Items required to build the launch tower:
- A launch base which can be either the AeroTech Mantis Launcher or a homemade base (plans included with your kit)
- 4 pieces of 3/8” x 36” diameter anodized aluminum rod
Items needed to fly Phoenix:
- AeroTech RMS-RC F or G class reload kits
- AeroTech Interlock launch controller or equivalent
- 12 volt battery
Aerotech Rocket motors, Aerotech aluminum reload tubes, Mantis Launch Stands are all available from:
Balsa Machining Service
11995 Hillcrest Dr.
Lemont, IL 60439
Thanks to Tony you can now get a Phoenix for your RealFlight Simulator! This version of the plane is meant for G3.5 but, will work in the newer versions. Tony will be making a G4.5 version that should launch even better./p>
Delivery outside the USA will be quoted upon request.